Academic Policies and Procedures
Dissertator is a unique fee status for students who have completed all requirements for a doctoral degree except for the dissertation. To be eligible for dissertator fee status, a student must:
- Pass the preliminary examination(s);
- Satisfy the doctoral minimum graduate residence credit requirement;
- Complete all minor requirements, if the major program requires a minor;
- Complete all program requirements except the dissertation;
- Clear all Incomplete grades or Progress grades in non-research courses (progress grades in 990 research may remain);
- Earn at least a 3.0 cumulative graduate GPA;
- Return the signed and dated preliminary exam warrant to the Graduate School.
- Graduate assistant (TA/PA/RA) salary rates may have to be adjusted to the non-dissertator rate, or percent limitations
- Fees are assessed at the non-dissertator rate
- Full-time status may change to part-time, possibly affecting loan deferral, visa status, etc.