Academic Policies and Procedures

Transfer of Graduate Work from Other Institutions

The Graduate School does not transfer credits. A student's program may decide to accept coursework completed outside of the students graduate career at UW–Madison when those courses are rigorous and meet the expectations of a graduate work for the degree. Coursework earned five or more years prior to admission to a master’s degree or coursework earned ten or more years prior to admission to a doctoral degree is not allowed to satisfy Graduate School minimum credit requirements. See the Satisfying Requirements with Prior Graduate Coursework from Other Institution(s) section of the Prior Coursework policy.

See Dean's Approval, Minimum Graduate Coursework (50%) Requirement, Minimum Graduate Degree Credit Requirement, Minimum Graduate Residence Credit Requirement, Prior Coursework

Feedback, questions or accessibility issues:
© 2017 Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System