A student’s name will be printed on the diploma as it appears on the student’s official university record. To change the way a student’s name is currently listed requires a completed Name Change Form submitted to the Office of the Registrar. For a student’s name change to appear on the diploma, the change must be made before the degree deadline in the semester the student will graduate.

The Office of the Registrar will mail diplomas after the close of the term that degrees awarded are certified by the Graduate School. The Registrar finalizes the degrees, and the diplomas are embossed by the manufacturer. The Office of the Registrar will post the degree on a student’s transcript 4 to 6 weeks from the end of that term. The Office of the Registrar will send diplomas to a student’s home or diploma address (not a student’s mailing address) approximately 12 to 14 weeks after degree conferral. Students should update their home or diploma address via MyUW, prior to leaving campus, unless they are international students. International students must enter a diploma address via MyUW to receive the diploma. If a student wants the Office of the Registrar to use a different address, they should enter a diploma address in MyUW.

Visit the Office of the Registrar’s website for more information about posting of degrees and diplomas.

See Certification of Graduation (or ‘Degree Completion Letter’)CommencementDeadlines