Extension Courses

A student paying full-time tuition and fees at the UW–Madison campus may ask to take courses at UW–Extension for no additional cost (if the total credit load does not exceed the maximum allowable credit load). A student’s faculty advisor must submit a completed UW–Madison Tuition Waiver Request Form, along with a letter of endorsement to the Graduate School. If the Graduate School approves, the student may take the course without paying additional fees. Courses completed at UW–Extension do not fulfill the Graduate School’s minimum graduate residence, degree, or coursework credit requirements and will not appear on the student’s UW–Madison transcript. Dissertators are not allowed to request a tuition waiver while remaining eligible for the dissertator fee status, they would need to request to be removed from dissertator status and enroll full-time and pay fees at the regular graduate student fee rate.

See Dissertator StatusEnrollment RequirementsOverloads