Portal (MyGradPortal)

The Graduate Portal is an online resource for students and graduate coordinators. Students use the Portal to complete academic actions such as adding or changing their major, discovering professional development opportunities, and submitting payment for the completion of their doctoral degrees. Graduate Coordinators request degree warrants (master’s, preliminary exams, and doctoral) through the Portal.  Students should spend time becoming familiar with the Portal and its features.

Accessing MyUW and the Graduate Student Portal

  1. Go to wisc.edu and open your MyUW in the top red banner. Then click on MyUW Home.
  2. Enter your NetID login information.
  3. Click on the tile “Graduate Student Portal”. If you do not see the tile, you can search for it in the top search bar and add it to your page.

Initiating a request in the Portal

  1. Once in your Portal page, select the tile on the home page titled “Add/Change Programs.”
  2. In the “Enrolled Programs” section, you will have options to add a Graduate/Professional certificate, doctoral minor (PhD students only), or major. You also have the option to discontinue a program in which you are already enrolled.

Choosing an action button will display an associated window, which will show fields appropriate for the type of request.