Would you like to conduct research under the guidance of a faculty mentor and receive a research stipend? Do you want to learn more about graduate school? If you are, I strongly encourage you to apply to the McNair Program. Some of the opportunities that the McNair Program offers are:
- Participate in a paid research project with a faculty/ mentor in your field of research ($2,800)
- Attend professional conferences and present your research at a national conference
- Learn about graduate opportunities and careers in your field
- Visit graduate schools
We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply submit your application via the Scholarships@UW-Madison portal. Because there are a limited number of spots available this is a competitive process and no one is guaranteed entrance. However, we encourage all interested and eligible students to apply. Please do not pass up this incredible opportunity! The eligibility requirements are listed below:
To be eligible, a student must meet either criterion (1) OR (2). All students must meet criterion (3) (4) and (5):
- First-generation college student as well as low income students.
- African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian (according to federal guidelines, Asian Americans, including Southeast Asian Americans are eligible under criterion (1).
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.9 and completed 54 credits.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- Able to participate in the program for a minimum of 12 full months (including a full summer) in order to meet all the mandatory aspects of the program.
- If you know anyone who meets these eligibility requirements and has a strong desire and aptitude for graduate school, please direct them to the online application.
Clarification: In order to be eligible, you must meet either criterion #1 OR criterion #2 (you do not need to meet both criteria to be eligible). Asian-American students are eligible if they meet criterion 1, that is, first-generation college student as well as low-income student. Please call 608-263-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your eligibility.