Funding for International Students
Though citizenship requirements restrict international students from holding some fellowships, there are other fellowships for which international students are eligible to be nominated, including University Fellowships and some departmental fellowships. Graduate Assistantships are also available to international students. To find out about these options, contact your program.
Regulations and Restrictions
- International applicants are required to have adequate financial resources to cover their expenses for the duration of their studies at UW–Madison.
- Employment regulations for international students can be found on the International Student Services (ISS) site.
- International students will find numerous resources for funding on the International Student Services (ISS) site.
- The Grants Information Collection at UW–Madison lists resources for international students seeking funding.
- Loans: International students may be eligible for private loans from lenders. One such resource is The Global Loan.