Applying to Add/Change Program, Plan, or Named Option

Currently enrolled graduate students who want to apply to add, change or discontinue a program of study must submit the electronic Add/Change/Discontinue Program Request.  An admissions application and fee is not required.

Students must check with the intended program concerning admission requirements (for example, letters of recommendation or statement of purpose) and eligibility. Upon receipt of a recommendation from the program, the Graduate School will notify the student of the decision. Questions regarding the status of an application are best directed to the program.

If dissertators want to add a program, typically a master’s program or a certificate program, they cannot hold dissertator fee status while pursuing a graduate degree or certificate in a field other than the doctoral program. Dissertators who add a program or a certificate program must enroll and pay fees as a regular graduate student.

International students who add/change a program or a certificate program should contact International Student Services to discuss the possible effects this change of program could have on immigration status.

See Change of Degree Level (Plan)Change of Degree Named OptionDissertator StatusInternational Students Maintaining Legal StatusNamed OptionPrograms (or ‘Majors’)