Graduate School Dean, William J. Karpus, has established a graduate student advisory board with membership from a diverse array of academic disciplines and perspectives. Karpus intends for the board to advise him on issues of importance to graduate students, and to help inform the direction of programming and services offered by the Graduate School. The board will meet every other month beginning in the fall semester.
The Graduate School Dean’s Advisory Board is composed of 12 master’s and doctoral students at various stages in their graduate career, four of whom were nominated by the Associated Students of Madison (ASM) and eight through the Graduate School Academic Planning Council (GSAPC) and other faculty members. The board consists of members from the four disciplinary divisions, as well as the schools and colleges. Current member terms extend through August 2020, with the intention of staggering new membership rotations in the future.
Advisory board members include:
- Kate Bakhuizen, PhD student in Rehabilitation Counselor Education
- Katherine Bultman, PhD candidate in Microbiology
- Trisha Chanda, PhD student in Human Ecology
- Matisha Dorman, PhD candidate in Chemistry
- Trey Gilpin, PhD candidate in Cell and Molecular Pathology
- Ankur Goswami, PhD student in Computer Science
- Yuxuan Li, master’s student in Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Samm Newton, PhD student in History of Science
- Sally Rohrer, master’s student in Public Affairs
- Jennifer Stevens, PhD student in Nursing
- Zongshen Wu, PhD student in Computer Engineering
- Britt-Marie Zeidler, PhD student in Curriculum and Instruction
Inquiries about the board should be sent to email@example.com.