This series is for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers who are considering faculty careers. In-person and online events address a range of topics, from considering institutional fit to preparing application materials and interviewing.
Preparing for success on the job market and beyond
• Understanding institutional fit
• Preparing your job application materials
• Conducting your job search
• Developing your research program
• Advancing your teaching skills
• Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL)
• Delta Program in Research, Teaching, and Learning (Delta)
• Graduate School Office of Professional Development (OPD)
• Office of Postdoctoral Studies (OPS)
• The Writing Center (WC)
• UW–Madison Postdoctoral Association (UWPA)
For Future Faculty events
No events returned.
Interviewing for Faculty Positions
Successful interviewing relies on effective preparation. What should you know to prepare for faculty position interviews? What expectations will institutions have of you? What type of meetings might occur during the interview process? Check out the video, below, for a session focused on thinking through the process of preparing for interviews. A panel of new faculty who had recently gone through the interview process and seasoned faculty who have interviewed many applicants gave their tips and answered graduate students’ questions.