The Delta Certificate in Research, Teaching, and Learning confers recognition of a student’s achievement in the following areas:
- Experience in teaching, broadly defined to include the college classroom and beyond (i.e. informal educational settings)
- Awareness of how to promote successful learning with diverse participants
- Knowledge of foundational research and scholarship on teaching and learning
- Demonstrated application of research skills to the improvement of participant learning
- Engaged membership in a learning community that is focused on teaching and learning
- Development of a reflective teaching and learning capstone project
The certificate is designed to be useful to recipients throughout the job search as a way to collect and communicate the achievements listed above. The Delta Certificate program serves both pre-dissertator and dissertator graduate students, as well as postdoctoral researchers.
The best way to get started on a Delta Certificate is to sign up for one of Delta’s upcoming courses!